I’m Mark Tracy and I grew up all too soon. I was only 9 years old when my father died at 43. I learned the hard way that life isn’t fair, that adults and society don’t always know what to do, or even care to do it. I found out about Social Security when I had to sign the back of the checks my mother and I received. And I was 18 when my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I had to find a way to honor her wish to die at home. All alone, I sat at her bedside as she died at age 47.
These personal experiences have made me who I am today. They have driven me to succeed in business and taught me how to analyze situations and anticipate challenges. It’s this perspective that I will bring with me as your state representative: Someone who will ensure that foster care extends beyond 18 years of age; Someone who will protect a woman’s right to choose; Someone who will work to make sure students are safe and thriving in our schools; Someone who can anticipate the dramatic changes coming to our economy and be proactive to ensure our economic security; And someone who will be a true public servant and make the job a full-time priority.
I’m a graduate of Brown University and the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. My long history of community engagement includes working with Save The Bay, Hope Hospice and Palliative Care of RI, Investment Commissioner – City of Providence, Ocean State Innovate, and the Summit Neighborhood Association. I currently serve on the Board of Directors of Hope Health, Rhode Island Public Health Institute, and Diversity Talks. Before becoming an entrepreneur and small business owner, I had a successful career at Cargill Risk Management, one of the largest family-owned companies in the country where I worked closely with farmers to deliver benefits such as 529 plans and Harvest Health. As an innovator, I hold two U.S. patents and developed an app. I’m a proud husband of Dr. Molly Tracy, and a doting father to Kate (7) and Jonah (4). I look forward to meeting you and listening to your concerns so I can faithfully serve District 4.
Mark Tracy Supports:
- Protecting a woman’s right to choose in RI by passing the Reproductive Health Care Act
- Universal health coverage
- Fixing our public schools and investing in universal pre-K
- Building a green energy infrastructure
- Passing the Gun Safety Act to prevent concealed carry permit holders from bringing guns on K-12 school grounds
- Investing in affordable housing to preserve the diversity of our neighborhoods
- Improving the operating environment for local business
- Pay For Success contracting
- Addressing Providence’s $1 billion pension shortfall
Map of Rhode Island House District 4